10/29/2013

Look What They Have Done To My Country

I was just thinking. It is disturbing to see what politicians have done to this great country, all in the name of National Security. In 1775 Patrick Henry said to the Virginia Convention, "Give me liberty or give me death." That was a noble statement he made yet it would be an exercise in futility today. 


Benjamin Franklin
"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."                     ― Benjamin Franklin 




As soldiers have fought, suffered and given their last drop of blood on foreign soil, they had no way of knowing the direction that elected officials would be taking us. I was in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam era although I did not see active duty on the battlefield. Notwithstanding, I gave my country my all for two years just as we had agreed.

The non-believers, agnostics and most pointedly the atheists have had their way with running things in this nation. They didn't want God in the schools. Guess what? Now the Christian students have to essentially use cloak and dagger methods to meet, much as the Christians in the first century did. 

As a veteran there are times when I am ashamed of my country. Curse me if you wish, I am dead serious. You cannot have paintings, ornaments, quotes, scriptures of a religious nature anywhere on government property. Sickening. Do you hear me? Or read me or something?

When I was a child in elementary school, back in the Cro-Magnon Era, we lead off each morning with the pledge of allegiance to our great country, the Lord's Prayer, and nobody complained. God was still in the pledge, is it still now? Just asking because words in cyberspace will outlast us all.

This is not all about a liberal or conservative world view. If people would let the truth come out of hiding, most of us are actually Centrists. Some may be for gun control, yet are pro-abortion. We have let our family traditional politics frame us into staunch republicans or democrats. I have been both and am proud of neither.  

With God out of the court houses and apparently the government, Biblical paths are being over-run with shrubbery and foliage such as same sex marriages, abortions, homosexuality-in-general, children killing children, people assassinating schools. Where is God??

He is outside of the court house, He is standing beside the judges who hand down verdicts and edicts as though they are ethereal. Just because we, as a nation, have forbade God to trod on our government soil, or have a voice at Christmas does not mean He isn't still on the Throne. Praise God, He is still running the show.

If we continue in the path we are going down, literally, we will no longer be the Land of the Free and/or the Home of the Brave.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it!